Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Ridiculous Outfit Challenge





 Yesterday I went shopping and had a moment of realization at Ross. You see, there are certain stores that bring out a certain side of my personality, or perhaps just my shopping tendencies. Ross is one of them. I realized that when going into a store, even though I'm looking for good clothes to buy to take home and use in real life, I will almost always jump into the mode of the ridiculous outfit challenge.




Perhaps it comes from fun times growing up in a family who loved to dress up and don't always take life too seriously. Here's my dad even in on the fun. Finding costumes in museums was a must use. These are some of the more mild ones too. In stores,  my sisters and I will scour the racks of items looking for that perfect outfit of ridiculousness. It could include accessories and many different layers and items. We then would take these back to the dressing room and try them on, bursting into giggles. 






This picture captures some of our silliness. The one below is a card we found in a store that exemplifies the sense of humor often found in our house. It reads: "Take a good look at this shirt and then be grateful that I only bought you a card"


 Here is actual footage from our last ridiculous outfit challenge held in England in May this year.















 I worried my friends as I searched out for such clothes and kept bringing them out to show them. I did explain what I was doing but they kept thinking  that I was serious about buying these clothes. (This is a legitimate concern for the serious shopper who goes into a store only looking for clothes to take home). We did take some fashionable finds back to the dressing room and have a "what not to wear" moment of critique which was fun. But I think I shall always enjoy a good ridiculous outfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment